We welcome you to register for the 2018 Winter Grazing Seminar. It will be hosted by Lewis & Clark Conservation District February 6 & 7, 2018 at the Radisson/Colonial Hotel in Helena Montana. We have an exciting agenda planned with the following topics:
- Upland rangeland conifer encroachment-Tim Deboodt PhD, Associate Professor Oregon State University, Crook County Extension Agent
- Riparian area conifer encroachment-Clayton B. Marlow PhD, Animal and Range Sciences Department, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- Grazing management to improve grass health and vigor and riparian areas- Rick Caquelin, Rangeland Management Specialist, Natural Resource Conservation Service, Great Falls Area
- Grazing management on Rangeland post-fire -Dr. Jeffrey C. Mosley, Professor, Extension Range Management Specialist, Department of Animal & Range Sciences Montana State University
- Ranch Succession Planning-Marsha A. Goetting, Ph.D., CFP®, CFCS, Extension Family Economics Specialist, Montana State University
- Mineral Supplementation and the economic bottom line-Dr. Megan Van Emon, Assistant Professor, Extension Beef Cattle Specialist, Department of Animal & Range Sciences, Montana State University
- Youth Education and Public Outreach—Does the public care about rangeland?-Gretchen Hyde, Executive Director, Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission
- Young people and Agriculture—Verna Billedeaux, Blackfeet Reservation Extension Agent / Federally Recognized Tribal Extension Program, Montana State University Extension Service
You may pay your registration online via PayPal (link below) or call the Conservation District office to pay with credit card. You may also pay with a check or cash by mailing your registration to Lewis & Clark Conservation District, Helena MT 59601. Call the CD office with any questions at 1.406.449.5000 ext. 112.
Early Registration is $70/person if paid on or before January 22, 2018. Registration after January 22 will be $80/person. Banquet only registration is $35.
To make hotel reservations contact the Radisson Colonial Hotel at 1.406.443.2100 and ask for the block of rooms under “Lewis & Clark Conservation District Winter Grazing Seminar” or book online by going to this link. The Block of Rooms expires January 15th!!!
Rooms are $99 single occupancy and $111 for double occupancy.
Other hotels near the Colonial are:
Fairfield Inn and Suites, 2150 11th Ave, Helena MT 59601, 1.406.449.9944
Super 8 Helena, 2200 11th Ave, Helena MT 59601, 1.406.443.2450